Skip to content
- Located on a narrow strip of snow white beaches and crystal blue waters, Perdido Key is located in the Northwest Panhandle of Florida, between Pensacola, Florida and Orange Beach, Alabama.
- No more than a few hundred yards wide in most places, Perdido Key stretches some 16 miles, with almost 60 percent of it located in federal or state parks – making it one of the last remaining unblemished stretches of wilderness in the Florida Panhandle.
- You can get a little more familiar with the island by using the great interactive maps >>Guide4Fun
- Perdido Key’s literal translation means “Lost Key,” so named by the early Spanish who discovered it in 1693. Until then, the Key was the well-kept secret of gulf coast Native Americans – Perdido Key’s first inhabitants.
- Bridges link Perdido Key to the Florida mainland, as well as neighboring Alabama. Those who make the short drive across the water will agree that this “Lost” island is definitely worth discovering.
- With an average annual temperature of 75 degrees and 343 days of sunshine, it’s not surprising the Key is a long-hidden retreat that blends together both year-round outdoor activities and an authentic laid-back lifestyle uniquely its own.
www.visitperdido.com. (2015). A Snapshot Of The Key. Retrieved from Perdido Key: http://www.visitperdido.com/visit-perdido-key/area-overview/